The stucco workers moved the scaffolding enough for us to dig out our basement windows and wells. This took us three full evenings working by car light, but at least we got the job done before the snow!

Since we needed to dig at least one foot below the bottom of the window, there was a lot of dirt to shovel out! A lot of it had settled and hardened from several rainstorms, so we had to use a pick to break it up.

Carson and I took turns picking and shoveling about every 5 minutes until the job was done. One of the nights the rain poured down pretty hard during my shift of shoveling. Carson was sweet and offered to trade me, but I was almost done and didn't want him to get soaked, so I finished the digging shift and we worked on the inside until the rain stopped.
Getting soaked was worth seeing this beautiful rainbow after the storm!
No comments:
Post a Comment