Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Sheetrock!

Things really start to get fun when the sheetrock goes up~ That's when you start to see the actual space and size of different rooms and it's no more of the "imagining" what it will look like with walls! I've given a description of each picture so you can see what the inside is like.This is a picture of the kitchen and family room. The lower level with the fireplace is the family room. Carson and his dad are over in the entry way by the stairs.
This is a shot looking down into the entry way. I am standing in the hall way where the stairs split. The stairs going up go to the master suite, and the stairs going down go to the entry way.

Carson and Layla weren't quite ready for this picture, but I thought you'd like to see the master bath! Layla is standing by our tub and the standing shower will go where the gray sheetrock is in the right corner.

This is our master bedroom. I have a planter shelf which I'm excited about, except that I'm not very good at decorating... so if anybody has suggestions or ideas, please let me know! It might sit empty for several months until I figure out what to do with it! The archway goes into our master bath.
Layla trying to eat our house plans... she actually did rip a set to shreds due to my lack of moving them out of the garage one rainy day... (we let her stay in the garage when it's raining.)

Another shot of the master bedroom from the door way.

This is the full bath in the hallway before you go up the three stairs to the master suite.

Laundry room! Big enough to leave drying racks up! Hooray! No more make-shift drying items!
This is the guest bedroom in between the laundry room and full bath.

Another shot from the hallway going up to the master suite.

This is the nursery room for a baby some day.

Since this is a pretty small room, we decided it would be perfect for an office.

I am standing where the piano will go looking into the foyer area.

This is a shot from the corner of the family room looking up into the kitchen.

The house plans called for a door here to shut off the stairs going to the basement, but since our house is already chopped up into several levels, we wanted open space as much as possible and less doors. We decided to do an archway instead and just finish the stairs to the basement.

All the sheetrock mess waiting to be dumped! The brown tarp on the left is how we covered our plumbing supplies throughout the construction phase. We ordered the parts pretty early, and needed a way to cover them until we were ready for finish plumbing, and luckily nothing was stolen! Phew!

No comments: