Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Drywall Texture & Primer

For our texture, we decided to do a really thick hand texture, also known as an "Old World" style. My parents did the same texture for the cabin several years ago, and I loved it from the minute I saw it. Thank goodness for a spouse that has similar tastes as you, because Carson loves it too! It's really unique and we were able to get a great deal on it, so we went for it!
Looking down into the foyer from upstairs ledge.
I'm standing in the master suite foyer area, and Carson is in the hallway where all the bedrooms are.

It's hard to tell what this is, but it's a close-up of the texture. Once you get color on the walls, the texture really shows up. I think that's why I like it so much, because you see deep creases and lines throughout the walls as soon as it's painted and it looks really neat!

Master bedroom texture and primer is done!

I'm glad they covered the bath tub before they sprayed.... at least that will cut back a little bit on the mess! At this stage I had no idea how big of a project it was going to be to clean the whole house before we moved in!

This is one of the drywall workers spraying the primer on the walls. I'm standing in the foyer and he is on the ledge going into the master suite.

They also covered the windows thank goodness!

We decided to do rounded corner wraps around all the windows and walls. We both like the rounded look better than the sharp edge look, and that way you can get away with not doing wood trim all the way around your window and it still looks nice. So yes, it costs more to do rounded corners, but it's a lot cheaper than doing wood window wraps everywhere! It also gives me more peace of mind for any kiddos running around... you don't have to worry about them splitting their head open on a wall corner!

This is the flame blower they brought into the house to help dry the texture and primer. Carson and I came later in the evening to check things out after they had left, and we found this blower still on! It made me nervouse thinking they would be leaving a fire on all night in our house, but the head contractor assured me that they've done this hundreds of times and it's safe. Well, the house didn't burn down so I guess it worked!

Kitchen and Family Room shot.

No comments: