Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Granite Shopping

Carson and I spent a few weekends going down to slab yards in Utah to try and find our countertops. Here's some pictures of a few of our favorites, however we didn't pick any of these. We both like darker countertops, and found a sweet stone last minute with a steal of a deal. Those pictures will come later!
I thought this was really neat that you can see individual stones that have been fossilized in the granite.
We both liked how the following granites had varying lines and patterns instead of a "speckled egg" look. We like more of the random natural lines than consistent patterns.


I love the sparkle flecks in this solid black stone, but Carson felt it was too girly with the shimmers.
Another neat pebble stone look!

If we were doing light colors, we both liked this marble.

We loved this marble for bathroom countertops, and we ended up using a similar one for the laundry and half bath.

No comments: