The framers only had stairs and arches left on the inside, and all we needed done for flatwork was the porch and driveway. Here's the update!

Sorry the picture is blurry, but here are the stairs going to our front door.

Driveway flatwork complete!

A little better view of front flatwork.

I asked them to do wider, longer steps so you don't feel like you have to climb a mountain to get to our front door... and it worked! They did a great job and it's a gradual climb to our high front entry. We are really happy with how they turned out.

Carson and I both love arches in homes and had them do a couple to add to the cosmetic appeal of the interior. Here's an arch going into the master bathroom. If you look closely you can see a second arch behind it, and that goes into the master closet.

Another view of arch into master bathroom. We also did two wide, long arches downstairs; one going into the piano room, and another into the family room. I failed to get pictures at this stage, but you will see them in later posts.

sStairs! Wonderful stairs! Why they waited until the very last minute to do stairs, I'm not quite sure... but we were sure glad when they were in! No more climbing scary squeaky ladders up and down in the dark! These are the stairs going to the basement.
s

These are the stairs you see as you walk into our entry way. We are doing the right side that's framed with plywood in a knotty alder stained hardwood, and then the rest carpeted. We thought it might give the home a neat and modern element. We are also toying with the idea of doing the landing hardwood.

After you walk up the entry stairs above, these are the rest of the stairs that carry you to the 2nd floor.

You are now looking at the stairs you just climbed, and then looking at the three stairs that take you to the master suite!

Here's another shot of the master suite stairs going up one more time!

Carson is walking up the stairs from our entry way area to where I am. I am standing in the hallway of the 2nd floor. Does that make any sense? I know the house has a confusing layout, but we sure like it! If you think of the whole right side as sunken three steps, then it might make more sense.
1 comment:
Are you about ready to move in?
Post a Comment