So here's the accountability I owe you on my half marathon training for last week. (If you ever want pressure on a goal, just blog it and you will feel it!) I ran 18 miles and did at least 25 hours of dirt work on our lot. (That blog is to come!) Since we put in 11 of those hours on Saturday when I was supposed to run 5 miles, I let that count for my training for the day.... I know I know I should have still ran the 5 miles with no excuses, but I was pretty wiped out after 11 hours.
This week has started off rough because MY IPOD DIED! AAAAHH! I don't last very long running without music, and I also use the nike plus system to track my miles and average pace... without that I am clueless how far I have run and how I am doing on time-- so hence I have not done any mileage yet this week, but I plan to double duty as soon as we buy a new ipod! If any of you have any suggestions on how to kickstart a dead ipod, let me know!
By the way, if you own an ipod and like to run/walk for exercise, Nike Plus is an awesome system that can hook up right to your ipod and shoe to track your miles and average pace. I don't like to run in Nike shoes and prefer Asics for training, so I found a running store in Utah that sells little pouch holders for the Nike chip so you can attach it to your shoelaces! That way you can wear whatever sneakers you want and still get the benefits of Nike Plus! I've had my Nike plus system now for 1 1/2 years and I have LOVED it. It makes training for any type of race so much easier. Granted they are not perfectly accurate, but close enough to make it worth while. I bought it for $30 and it's been $30 well spent!


2 comments:
Are you getting paid for your Nike plug? :) I had to laugh when I read the part about your week starting out rough because your ipod died. I've never even had an ipod! It made more sense once I kept reading though. :)
Oh, and by the way, the class reunion was pretty fun. It was crazy to see people and their spouses and kids.
Very cool! I may be the only person in the free world without an iPod! Sad, but very true.
Post a Comment