For the last weekend of May 08, we decided to make a memory in the kitchen at the cabin. My Uncle Paul grows rhubarb and gave my dad a huge trash sack full of it! Of course you can't let one piece of that yummy stuff go to waste... although I would recommend it in a pie, not raw. If you like bitter tasting food, you will LOVE this raw. My dad and uncle used to eat it raw all the time as kids. As for me, it's a little too tart and bitter, but it's definitely worth the experience! So if you haven't tried raw rhubarb, go down to your local grocery store and buy some today! If it turns out you can't handle the taste either, turn it into.....
A STRAWBERRY KIWI RHUBARB PIE!
My dad is pulling the finished mixture of strawberries, kiwi, rhubarb, and the other usual "glue" for a pie filling into the pie shells
I was so proud of my good-lookin' honey. He made the pie crusts from SCRATCH all by himself! And as you can see, he even rolled them out and made a lacey edge. The perfectionist in him came out on these crusts and they were beautiful!
Giving the dough a good beating.
Thumbs up for a job well done and good tastin' pie! (If you don't know what rhubarb looks like, it's the big tall green things in the picture.)


1 comment:
Wanted to say "Hi" I think I have found a piano teacher for the kids. She charges per lesson rather than per month so I was hoping you'd send me an email with some information to help. I believe I was paying $60 per month for 1/2 hour and that Jan-May was a 14 lesson semester Sept-Dec was 11? Is any of that correct? Thanks! beautifulbs@netzero.net
Dawn
PS the dog is beautiful! I am glad your father is doing well! Enjoy Wyoming - I have actually been in love with Wyoming since my first visit as a 12 year old girl.
Post a Comment