Monday, July 21, 2008
Half Marathon #2
I love working out! Any type of working out! I love to be active. I would much rather throw a football, go for a run, do some hiking, or lift weights than sit on my duff and watch TV. When the TV's on, I find myself wondering what I could be doing that would burn some calories rather than letting them all accumulate. It is true I have a hard time staying still, and I really dislike TV. If I could be outside all day every day being active, I would! I love it! I especially love running. There's something about feeling the wind on my face and the warmth of the sun and enjoying God's creations while sweating my guts out! I love it! I especially love running trails in the mountains where I can enjoy the rocks and greenery and have time to think. I also like that it is an independent sport where you can see your personal improvement. Your growth depends on your self-motivation and determination to progress. It's a way you can check-mark an accomplishment each day, especially if you beat your time from your previous workout.
I ran the Hobble Creek Half Marathon last August and had a fabulous experience. It was so rewarding to train hard for something and to follow through. I made a goal last year that I would run at least one half marathon every year, and hopefully some day graduate to a marathon each year. Well, in August it will be a year, which means I only have a little over a month left! I have started training for the Green River Half Marathon up here in Wyoming. I'm really excited about this one because it's on dirt trails instead of a paved road, and you get to see wild horses running beside you-- hence the name, "Run With the Horses Half Marathon." I also like the idea of being held accountable for my decision, so I've decided to blog my total mileage each week. That way, you can put some pressure on me to make sure I get all the miles in I'm supposed to each week! Feel free to check up and ask if I'm still on track!
Here's my training log:
DATE DAILY MILES WEEKLY TOTAL
July 14-19 8 mile run, 4 mile run, 5 mile run, 4 mile run 21 miles
July 21-26 8 mile run, 5 mile run, 5 mile run, 5 mile run 23 miles
July 28-Aug 2 9 mile run, 5 mile run, 5 mile run, 5 mile run 24 miles
Aug 4-9 9 mile run, 4 mile run, 4 mile run, 6 mile run, 3 mile run 26 miles
Aug 11-16 10 mile run, 4 mile run, 5 mile run, 6 mile run, 3 mile run 28 miles
Aug 18-23 3 mile run, 3 mile run, 5 mile run, HALF MARATHON (13.1 mile run) 24 miles/ RACE DAY
Report for July 14-19: I ran 18 miles this week, but needed 21. I missed a day of running because I drove down to Utah and didn't have time that day. I'll try and put the extra 3 miles somewhere else.
By the way, if any of you are runner lovers out there, http://www.runnersworld.com/ is where I got this training log. Look for SmartCoach on the front page. You type in all of your information for a recent race and how hard you want to train, and it spits out a computerized schedule for you that fits your goals! It also has you train with speedwork and tempo runs to help get your times faster.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


11 comments:
Nykki- This is Holly Banks Nelson! I came upon your blog and was exited when I did. My husband graduated a year ago in engineering and we moved to Kemmerer, WY. I don't think that is too far from you. Sounds like you are doing well!
Nykelle! I am really proud of you and your hard work. You will do great running with wild horses! I aspire to run that well! Good luck!
You are crazy! Okay, so you're not actually crazy, but I have never enjoyed running, so I consider it crazy. :) Good for you for working so hard!
Nykki! It's Ashley (moon) Bradley! I was so excited to find you! I can't believe you ran a half marathon. That is amazing! I admire you for that. How are things going? Check us out at ajandash.blogspot.com
Hey! I was asking people about you the other day! I haven't heard from or seen you probably since graduation! This is Amanda (Gull) Lackey. How are you?! Our blog is www.wijzijndna.blogspot.com if you want to check it out!
You are incredible Nykelle! I hate to run but I admire anyone that has the ambition to do it. Good job!
You go girl! Your hard work shows, you look great and I am very proud of you.
Hey! how's it going?! I love finding people on the blogs!!! Hope all is well! check out my blog at camandkel.blogspot.com. congats on the half marathon!
Good for you! I enjoy running too but no way am I going to run for the length of time a half marathon requires. Maybe I could now that I have an ipod. :)
Nykki! Cute blog! I'm so glad we can keep in touch this way! It's a lot of fun! You two have good taste! I loved all the same things in that parade of homes pictures! Hope you two are doing great! Love ya!
Random question for you...did you go to Girls State in 2002? If so were you in Mabey city? Let me know either way please.
Thanks,
Jessica "Wright" Brown
cnjbrown.blogspot.com
Post a Comment