This sign was on our lot when we bought it.... surrounding contractors thought it was ok to clean out their cement trucks on our land... 
Carson surveying the lot. Can I just say how glad I am that I married a genius? He literally aced all of the hardest engineering classes at the U, including the dreaded math ones! Calculations are cake for him, which is a good thing because I had absolutely NO clue what he was doing! All I know is that surveying is important to get the house in the exact right spot on your lot--and that it involves a lot of math...
I don't know if I even remember how to use a graphing calculator anymore... that's one of the reasons I loved BYU's music program....very little math involved.
We rented a huge trackhoe and tried to get all of it done in one day... you will come to find from later posts that we had MUCH more work than one day, but at least the basic shape got done with the track hoe! Here's Carson digging the corner of our basement out.

Carson's boss Frank and Tyler, (the other engineer Carson works with), were kind enough to help us all day Saturday. Frank is holding the measuring stick while Tyleragets it lined up. The measuring stick and I became great friends after this day when it was just the two of us finishing the dirt work.
Thanks Frank!
Thanks Tyler!
Boys and their big toys... I will never understand why they love it so much...

6 comments:
So much work, but so fun!! You are lucky that Carson is a math wiz. I would never know where to start. I can't wait to see the progress.
Wow, that really is an adventure! That must be such a huge blessing for you guys that Carson knows exactly what to do. Darren and I would be so totally lost and clueless, but I guess that's what happens when you put an artist and musician together :)
By the way, I met with Diane and Kelly Groberg last week. They seemed like really great people! I haven't heard anything back from them, so they may have decided to go with a different teacher.
It looks like you guys have your hands full! What a fun project though, I'm so jealous!
Love the pictures. It sure is fun to see the BEFORE pictures now that we've seen in person the AFTER! Hope you guys are doing well. We've settled into our apartment and Jeff has orientation all this week. We miss you guys! Thanks again for letting us stay with you and know that you also have a place to stay in Milwaukee!
Nykki...
I can't believe I found your blog! I was in the middle of a blog-stalking session! I hope you even remember who I am (Jessica Porter) LOL! You look like you are doing great! You and your hubby look so cute together! It has honestly been years since I have seen your beautiful face! I am going to add you to my blog..I hope that is okay. Please keep in touch!!!
Looks like fun! I'm excited for you guys!
Post a Comment