
This stuff better work... because I'M PREGNANT!
I'm due May 30 and 16 weeks along. We found out I was pregnant the end of September, but decided to wait until I was out of the first trimester to announce. We will find out in about a month if it is a boy or a girl. We don't care which it is, just as long as it is a healthy baby. Carson would love to have a boy first, which is why I think it's a girl just so she can melt his heart and soften him up. The pictures below are how we announced to our families.

Since our last name is Italian and Carson's great grandparents crossed the seas from Italy, there is a lot of Italian pride in his family. I found this shirt online and thought it would be perfect for announcing to his family. Carson took this picture of me wearing it the night we announced to them. He then sent a text to his family that weren't there that said, "My Halloween Scare" (it was on Halloween night.) It didn't take them long to figure it out after they read the shirt!

For my family, we decided to carve/paint pumpkins with them to announce. In this picture, you can see that I am sitting in the corner trying to hide what I'm painting on my pumpkin so I don't ruin the surprise!

If you're not sure what's on the pumpkin, it's supposed to be the face of a mummy with my due date written above. Each person that painted/carved a pumpkin took turns showing it off, and I waited until the very last. When it was my turn, I announced, "I'm going to be a mummy May 30!"

We feel excited, overwhelmed, unsure, thrilled, and all the other emotions that newly parents-to-be experience. Many of you know that I am the youngest in my family and wasn't around babies much growing up.... So as you can imagine, I need ALL the HELP and ADVICE I can get. Feel free to leave a comment with your advice and suggestions on good books to read that will help me prepare for motherhood or any other pregnancy/baby/mother tips you've come to learn from your own experiences. It will be greatly appreciated!
24 comments:
Congratulations! I'm so excited for you guys! My mom told me but I didn't want to post until you had made if official. The books that I liked were "What to expect when you're expecting" and "Baby Wise." With Baby wise you don't have to do exactly as it says, we picked and chose the things we like and what we wanted to do. Congrats again!
Way to go Nykelle!
Yay!! Congratulations..People may tell you that having kids is tough. Well it is but, I would never change for anything in the world. I would start stalking up on diapers now!! They sure go through alot! I loved having a boy first. But I do love my daughter so I think a girl or boy is a perfect first! Congrats again!!!
It's about time you announced it! I've been going crazy! :)
Congrats to both of you! I don't have a lot of motherly advice since i'm not one. However, I babysat Cali and Carter alot and the best advice I have is feed them brownies and ice cream for breakfast!
CONGRATS! That's so exciting. I'm also pregnant, due June 21st!
Congratulations! We are so happy for you. You will be a great mom!
Congrats!!!! I'm so happy you finally posted about it! :) We are so excited for you guys. We know you'll be awesome parents. Being a mother is the best thing in the world. It definatley puts things in perspective and makes you realize what really is important. I have 2 things of adivce: 1-GET AN EPIDURAL AS SOON AS YOU CAN. 2- If you are planning on nursing, be sure you pump and give the baby a bottle too. Trust me, it sucks not having your baby take a bottle! Hope you're feeling good and not having to be sick! Love ya girl!!
Nykelle,
Just wanted to say congrats to you both. I have a little boy Cort who will be 18 months soon, and being a mother is so much fun and I would not change it for the world. There are not words to express how much you will love this child. It is an amazing thing, enjoy every minute of it!!!
Love an old girls state friend and her mom and sister (Chesney, Ashley and Carol Riddle)
Congrats!!!! Jeff showed my the text when he got it, so we've known for a little while. We are so happy for you two!
congratulations! That's wonderful!
Congrats!! That's so exciting!
Nykki! Congratulations! I'm so excited for you guys! I love how you announced - that is so cute!
Congratulations! I'm so excited to find out what you're having! Good ways to announce by the way! Have a Merry Christmas!
BLAAHHH! I think I am the last to know...maybe I should look at blogs more often. Congratulations! I am so excited for you! We should really TALK sometime, blogging is good and all but I miss you.
Congrats! That is so exciting! I also am loving your house. I wish I had a house, but for now its still a few more years of aparment/townhouse living for us!
Jess :D
Oh, that first picture is hilarious!!
WOW!! That is great news! We have not seen or hear from you forever but we had lunch with the mowers and they told us your news and we got your blog! Congrats! Keep in touch and check out our blog as well!
The Donaldsons
Oh how exciting!! Congratulations! Isn't being pregnant so fun? (except for all of the crappy stuff that comes along with it??) I'm 28 weeks and still sick!! How fun! Let me know next time you drive through Kemmerer. We need to do something!
Nykelle! I predict that you will have a baby boy and give him a rustic wyoming name (Kash, Hunter etc.)
Congratulations Nykelle! We're so excited for you! I love your pictures--especially the pack of gum, and the awesome pumpkin :) So funny.
By the way, we just got something in the mail that looks like a check, but it's for you guys. Could I get your address in Wyoming so we can forward it to you? Thanks!
Congratulations! I came and read this a few weeks ago but didn't comment. The kids are getting big and I am glad to know someone besides me is viewing my blog.
I know I'm late to the party but: Congratulations! That's so exciting.
Can I tell you that I loved this part of your "about me": Many of you may be surprised at this, but the job is exactly what Carson wanted and the area really isn't that bad! I've told so many people "Laramie really is a lot better than you would think". I'm always defending Wyoming to people who get that look on their face when they find out where we live.
OH man! I've been out of the loop for a long time and come back to babies! Congrats Nykki/Nykelle! That's so exciting! and your house looks awesome!
Post a Comment